Sunday, October 24, 2010

No development yet.

In September I went in for a 5 year physical exam that I should be doing every 2 years.  At least that is what I was told by the people who make money by doing physical exams.  The short story is, my PSA number was just shy of double what it was previously, and I have a firm spot on the left side of my prostate.  I could involve the "C" word, or it could be a calcium deposit, remnant of a UTI.  Last Wednesday I went in to have them do a biopsy.  The biopsy sample is obtained via an ultra-sound guided rectal probe.  They gave me valium and some other drug that causes short term amnesia.  The last thing I remember before the procedure began was laying on the table under a paper cover, naked from the waist down, and wondering if the nurse was going to leave before the doctor began.  I don't remember getting dressed afterward, and the valium seems to eliminate inhibitions.  Julie claims that I asked the nurse if she had seen my bum.  According to Julie, the nurse affirmed that she did.  Totally humiliating.  It is a good thing I don't remember any of it.

The result of the biopsy should be available by about Wednesday the 27th.  If I can face the finding, I will post an update.  If not, you will know by the old adage "no news is bad news".

Until later then . . . . . 

No comments:

Post a Comment